Genes Suckass -- A Quick Note About Weird Genetic Stuff



Genes Suckass
Genes Suckass -- A Quick Note About Weird Genetic Stuff




I recently did both 23andMe and Ancestry DNA tests. 
I was worried all my life about getting the family diseases of Alzheimers and Colon Cancer.
BUT
I was not finding a lot of my last name in my DNA matches or my extensive family tree.

HOW WEIRD!
Lets talk about the 4 branches of a family tree
Simplified, each person has 4 different family names they come from.
Fathers Dad (your last name, usually)
Fathers Mom
Mothers Dad
Mothers Mom

 I was not getting any matches on my fathers dads last name, BUT all my matches were more on my Fathers mothers last name,.
This is interesting cause my Fathers Fathers line has Alzheimers and Colon cancer.
2 things that 23 and me said I do not have any markers for..
So all my genes must come from my fathers mother, and this is more scary than alzheimers and colon cancer since my grandmother and her sister started to lose their minds and my grandmother became neurotic and my sister said she died of fright.
That sounds like PTSD and/or panic disorder!

So I guess Im off the hook for alzheimers and colon cancer, but in the end Ill die of fright like my Grandmother.

Interesting huh?

Did YOUR DNA/Genealogy yield any weird results?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear King Charles And Prince William